Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gen-X has rounded 40

I was reading the Globe and Mail this morning, and have to agree with their Alene Lawson quotation that my generation "are changing the face of what it means to be middle-aged." We look far better now than older generations did at our age. With E now 40, I have to agree. I'm a little beyond that, but I don't think many people would guess. Looking at my 85-year-old father, still active and playing the field like a 30-year-old, I can assume there is a lot to looking as young as you feel, but he still probably looked 40 at 40. I think 40 is the new 30, and I've said this for years.

It is shocking to see yourself aging though. I suppose it does happen, but I'll take Helen Gurley Brown as my model and live long and happy as the mouseburger I am, keeping up to sex, exercise and fashion and having fun. I read Sex and the Single Girl as a teenager and it probably set the tone of my young life. I have always been determined to work hard and see myself through, perhaps because of it. I'm going to read it again soon, just to see how I feel about it now.



No comments: