Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bedding

One thing I've been insistent upon was new bedding. I do not want our married life to start with E's ex's sheets. I found them scratchy and uncomfortable and the design irritated me. Today, we went and bought the highest count 100% cotton sheets and duvet cover that we could find. We increased the duvet size from a Queen to a King, so that E couldn't hog all the covers off me. This purchase was the end result of several days of research, including some failed purchase attempts on Amazon.com, where bedding is advertised with such misleading claims, that it is difficult to determine what exactly you are buying. For example, they list several 1000 thread count sheet sets, but they call them "Egyptian Comfort" sheets. You think you're buying Egyptian Cotton sheets, but they are not 100% Egyptian cotton at all. They are some blend. Tricky. You have to be careful to look for 100% Egyptian Cotton in the headline or you're lost. Then, then . . .  according to some consumer reviews, you could end up with single-thread sheets that are so thin they barely count. So, trickier and trickier. That's why just going to a store and buying something we could touch made sense, even if it cost 4 times more.

The good news is that we'll sleep comfortably tonight.

And . . . I've finished teaching for the summer and applied to a program for the fall.

I'll have to retrain in some professional capacity to have any hope of finding work. I don't know what else to do at this point.

Again, I'm so tired that all I want to do is rest. There is still a lot to process. I am working my way through rooms of boxes and piles of clothes and toys. I haven't even started on my books.

I can't live without my books, but I may have to cull even more from my collection.

For now, I'll enjoy the prospect of a good night's sleep.

No comments: