Sunday, August 12, 2012

Closing ceremonies

Wow. The olympic closing ceremony is amazing, particularly for those of us who grew up in the 80s. I'm watching it on E's new iPad. The iPad is a perk for those academics working with a certain research group. Nice perks.

My own academic career is now almost 6 feet under. I'm not sure what I'm to do with myself. Certainly, I can do my own writing and research, and maybe that's all I can do now . . . what with the teaching at a standstill. Everything came to a standstill with my unexpected divorce and custody trials. There's not much I can do about it now.

All I can do is go on . . .

Not that I'm complaining. I'm lucky - I can go on. I have - marrying E, renting my little house, taking some time to recuperate from that long 5 years of hell. There will be better times ahead.

No comments: