Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birthday Bash

We just returned from E and C's birthday dinner. The ex was there with her new husband and small child. This didn't stop her from attempting to establish her ongoing intimacy with E, leaning over him, talking about his favourite singer's upcoming concert, showing him pictures of their trip with the kids to the grandparents' house. Perhaps she gets a kick out of that - appealing to him in front of me. I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does. She had asked for a ride back with us, because her new husband wanted to play hockey. This meant our new family couldn't travel together, and she took my place in his car, which did not sit well with me. E and I talked about the arrangement of cars before hand and I had asked that she travel with me, but just as we were leaving, she deposited herself into his car and sent her daugther to mine. I conceded, but gritted my teeth the whole way home. I'm not sure how to deal with this in the future. E is easily manipulated by her. I vow not to be, but I suppose I'll have to be more vigilant.

Meanwhile, renovations continue to stagger ahead at my home. I have to start priming tomorrow, but I'm afraid I don't be able to do much because the contractor is moving so slowly. Never trust these guys to finish on time. I was warned, but I always believe people when they tell me they'll do something, so now I'm stuck.



No comments: