Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Early Riser

I just lost my post. I hit the wrong key and it disappears. How frustrating!

I got up early today and heading in to town to check on the progress of my reno. I slipped in to find the bathroom gutted to the struts, a strange empty box of a space. All the pink plastic is now a distant memory. However, I'm reminded that eventually, I should have a DVD that will preserve it for posterity. After all, we did participate in the strange "All For Nothing" show last January. We were supposed to have been given a copy of the final show after it aired, but it hasn't aired yet. W network dropped it and it was picked up by OWN and is supposed to air sometime after January 2013. It will be strange to revisit that time a year later. It wasn't fun. It was far too stressful and chaotic to enjoy. I promised E that even if Oprah Winfrey herself begged us to do a reality show about a blended, bilingual family, I'd refuse. Reality TV is just too fake to tolerate.

Anyway, we won't worry about that now. Reality itself is hard to take right about now. There are too many changes to process and too little time. E is sleeping it off, I'm wired awake. I hope it all calms down eventually so that I can see through the dust.

No comments: