Friday, May 28, 2010

Tennis

Well, I think I'll enjoy tennis, once I get the hang of it. I may need a few private lessons. My wrist was so sore after 30 minutes that we called it quits and walked home. Learning to serve will be the focus of my next lesson.

E has been playing tennis for aobut 4 years. He took 10 private lessons to start and has been doing that ever since. Whenever he travels (and he travels a lot) he takes tennis lessons at the hotels he stays at. I'm hoping I can learn enough to join his tennis club and have a new activity to get me through the adjustment of having less time with A.

I will also try to get her a kid-sized raquet so that she can play. We tried getting her to hit a few balls this morning and she didn't get many, but had fun trying. It would be fun to get her involved in a sport; I was never given that opportunity, so I don't think much about it. Maybe I should.

I gave E the book Open for Christmas and I read it once in a while at his place. I mostly flipped through it to read about Agassi's relationship with Brooke Shields, but I got some sense of what it is like to live the game and know that would never suit me. I'm not an athlete, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to play.

No comments: