Monday, May 10, 2010

Freezing

I've been trying to work from home today, but my hands are wrinkled and white with cold and I'm shivering. I turned up the heat earlier to 24, but when I told E that he said, "What are you doing? That's going to cost you a fortune!" so I turned it down again and now I'm freezing. My last gas bill was a fortune, too, so there is obviously something wrong with my expectations, or with the furnace. I'll have to call. It is supposed to be new, but how could a new furnace not heat a little house like this? Frustrating! What am I going to do in the winter?

Meanwhile, my nice next door neighbour is moving my front lawn.

"It's practically part of my lawn, anyway," he offered. "I'm not touching the back part."

"That's okay," I said. The back lawn looks a mess currently, with half of it cut too short, half grown in too long and piles of dried out cut grass strewn throughout. I'll have to deal with it when it warms up.

Hopefully, it will warm up. Cold makes me crave sugar and fall asleep. This is not the best way to work from home. I've already consumed a package of caramel cinnamon popcorn and several coffees. Maybe I should turn up the heat in order to save myself from crashing further.

No comments: