Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh and . . .

. . . the talking to E business. Yes, I was correct, he spoke to E instead of me, but also said odd and inappropriate things to m. For example, with a dead-eye stare, remarked, "The relationship between us is not strong." Relationship? Relationship? Was this supposed to be a relationship? E objected saying that whether or not he liked me shouldn't matter to a professional. At another point the ex-lawyer said, regarding the assessor, "He obviously didn't like you." I replied, "You are just saying that to be unkind." Whatever I did to the ex-lawyer, I don't know, but he obviously didn't like me. So, the assessor didn't like me either?

I asked E, "Why do you think these men don't like me? What have I ever done to them?" except be demanding and insistent and slightly anxious about their integrity.

"I don't know, Sweetie," he replied, "I know you didn't do anything."

I suppose I know myself and I'm direct and determined and unwilling to accept anything less than what I feel is right, so maybe that's enough to upset people who don't care quite so much and don't want to be called on it.

The "good" lawyer said, "Maybe its because you are more attentive to the situation because you are so close to it." Again, a good enough answer. I just hope she can do this.

No comments: