Thursday, May 27, 2010

No air

Well, I should have suspected there'd be a problem with the air conditioner when the furnace didn't work. There is air blowing around, but it isn't cold. It's still about 80 degrees in here. . .

Oh, the joys of owning an old house.

I'm working from home with all the shades drawn and this air blowing feebly from my vents. I have a huge glass of ice water beside me and I'm trying to keep my focus. I just heard that the case conference has been delayed until the end of July, but there's no word on a counter-proposal. I find it ridiculous to go forward to that stage when no attempt has been made to negotiate.

Meanwhile, E is going to teach me how to play tennis tonight. That'll be fun. He'll also attempt to stay over and work here after we've gone to bed. My house is about one-sixth the size of his house, so it is weird for him to try to adapt to it and our routines. I just appreciate that he's trying.

Hopefully, we'll all be able to breathe now that the heat has abated somewhat.

No comments: