Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Schools

I'm torn. I signed A up for a local school, but recently met a little girl on the street who goes there and she talked about how the boys teased her and when I asked her what they said, she replied, "Fuck you." I was shocked because she's only six and feebly replied, "Well, let's not use those words here."

That incident gave me pause. Meanwhile, at the barbeque last Saturday, I heard about another school in the area that is a public version of a private school pedagogy. I'm much more interested in this school now and have arranged to take A there on Tuesday. It seems this system may require quite a lengthy commitment though, and I'm not sure how long we'll stay here. I'm not sure of anything right now. I'm still waiting.

Will A and I stay here? How will E and I manage that? I already hate the commuter aspect of our relationship. I know he doesn't mind and could deal with this indefinitely, but I'm not so sure how I feel about that. Still, I never want to be in the precarious position of dependence I was in during my 5-minute marriage. I guess all I can do is see what evolves, but that just involves more waiting . . .

I'm off to a yoga class shortly. I'm looking forward to some focused body time. I haven't felt grounded in my breath for so long I can barely remember what it feels like. Which brings me round again to this alternative school option, which incorporates spirituality and the body, which can only be good. I just hope whatever I see Tuesday will make things clearer. I want so badly for her to be comfortable and well. The only problem with this neighbourhood is the schools. I've heard that from more than one person. If this alternative program is a good fit, then I'll feel less guilty about this move being good for everything but A's education.

No comments: