Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Morning Frost

It was a shock to see my frosted lawn this morning, particularly because we'd have a warm and cozy night, thanks to the furnace tech who showed up at 7 pm and confirmed that the furnace was indeed off. The fairly new, high efficiency furnace is a little too efficient for this small house and warm air is condensing and turning into water and flooding the unit and the floor, but the cause of the breakdown was a dirty sensor. He fixed that, turned the heat up and the fan down, and I'll hope for the best. At one point he suggested the water might be coming from the foundation and I just about fell over, but is seems to be the furnace and at least there seems to be something I can do about that . . . what's been done, buying better filters, insulating the chimney, whatever else it takes.

What I don't have to get through this early morning, however, due to my indulgences of yesterday, is coffee. I look so forward to my quiet morning coffee while A sleeps, the sound of her breathing and the quiet I have always yearned for a still, rich comfort in my life. I need these moments of calm to get through these days that are still fraught with unresolved tension and worry. I'm not sure how long it will take to hear from my ex's lawyer. I sent my ex a direct email yesterday about summer vacation, but received no reply. I will have to get used to this and plan around him, as though he wasn't there, although he claims he wants to be.

No comments: