Monday, September 10, 2012

Yeah, don't be so smug

I guess this weekend I felt kind of broken myself. I mean, I keep asking myself, "Whose life is it, anyway?"

My friend, S, reminded me that once you have kids, your life is never really your own again. However, it isn't that I am tired of doing so much for A, but that my choice to be with E means that I'm losing sight of me, or at least my low-key lifestyle. Commuting is horrible. I hate it. I can't stand being in a car for close to an hour, just to take A to an activity. I also can't stand the commute into Ottawa, especially in traffic. Driving so much is stressing me out and getting me down. He's fine, because he doesn't go in to town every day, but I'm forced to, and it leaves me feeling almost as rootless as I did when I was living there and commuting back and forth to here to see him. The difference is, I'd do that maybe twice a week, not 6 days a week.
Also, trying to get a good night's sleep here is nearly impossible.

No comments: