Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cafe

I'm in a cafe, checking email and passing time. It took me 50 minutes to drive in today. The entire time, with Angelina Ballerina blaring in the background, I thought about how I might be able to return home. My home, I'm afraid, despite the good intentions of the family living there, is suffering a great deal of neglect. Renters are worse than me. Who knew? I thought maybe they could get a handle on the lawn without me. Instead, they took the garden decor from my actual gardens around the home and placed them around a clump of weeds in the front lawn that they let run amock. I wasn't happy to see that. Before the green bin pick up, I swooped in and yanked all the weeds out. I didn't realize they'd potentially wreck my home value. Now, I'm concerned.

Can I live with this stress for the next year? What do I do after that? Can I go home? In order to do that, I have to have work. There's the rub.
Work has been hard to come by. Should I give up and sell the house? Should I redouble my job search? I'm not sure what to do. I can only hope a year will help me sort it all out.

I know I don't want to be commuting for 2 hours a day, and I don't want to live my life in a cafe.

No comments: