Thursday, September 6, 2012

Last day of freedom

Well, last day of my very brief summer break. Tomorrow, I will start a program and start teaching again (in a greatly diminished capacity). I am going to take today to do things for me that I rarely get to do, like see The Hunger Games again and go to a yoga class. I need to reconnect to myself at this juncture and try to keep my own equilibrium in mind as I head into this next school year.

I know the year will be a challenge, changing directions in all things, but you can't not go forward. I can't not accept what is. I am looking long and hard at the last year and I'm trying to discover what happened. So much of my stress focused on my concerns for A. I'm still concerned about her, but at least her father and I are talking now, which has to be an improvement. She's also getting older, and I hope that means she'll be able to speak for herself in ways she has never been able to before.

Motherhood took over, I know. Taking care of A has been my primary concern every since her birth. Maybe now that she's reached the solid age of 6, the age of responsibility for young children, she'll be okay without my constant attention. I can hope, anyway.

Today, without her, without anyone around, I'll do whatever I want.

No comments: