Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sweet Summer

E and I ran in this heat and it was hard. We stopped just short of thirty minutes, both of us relieved to have it done. When we got back here, I collapsed into A's pool and just lay there for about 15 minutes, watching the clouds skid across the sky above me. E sat in my worn wicker chair waiting. We went to Subway for supper then E took off for his Beach Body class and I walked to our drop off to pick up A. Our walk home was slow and meandering. She picked me weeds and asked me to keep them forever. When we got home it was her turn in the pool. She climbed her new slide and raced down it into the pool again and again. I sat with a glass of ice water and watched her. Then she decided to start watering our garden and ran back and forth to the pool, drenching the tomatoes, which they problably appreciated. I sat on the front porch and read the paper as the light began to fade. It was a sweet summer evening.

1 comment:

Capital Mom said...

That does sound pretty sweet.