Monday, July 19, 2010

Offers

Okay, so maybe this is it. I got a reply to my Offer to Settle today. It was close, but my ex is attempting to evade his financial obligations, something both my lawyer and I anticipated. The only outstanding issue with access arrangements is about phone calls. In an attempt to ensure that I am continually subjected to the humiliation of my ex's girlfriend being presented as A's mother, my ex wants to have her call Annabelle in his stead, so his lawyer wrote: "You have removed the sentence, 'Each parent may use a designated alernate for overnight phone calls' from the original draft. A will expect a call every night and, if the parent is unavailable [!What, is he too busy to call his own daughter? Where's he going to be?], his or her partner or another family member should be able to setp in so that A is not disappointed. Please re-insert that sentence." As if. This is all about being cruel, nothing more. I have never met two people more intent on causing emotional harm that my ex and his partner. I do believe in karma. I hope Poetic Justice will kick in and give my ex and his shill the kick in the pants they deserve.

What do I do now? I have to review everything and call my lawyer back. I feel like crawling under a rock. I hate this.

No comments: