Friday, July 30, 2010

Not Good

Well, the meeting didn't yield the results I hoped for. You'd think, really, if there are tables and there are facts that a man couldn't avoid paying child support, but apparently, with a slimy lawyer, they do just that. I got an email from my lawyer with my ex's lawyer's opinion laid out in all its obscurity. No legal opinion from my lawyer accompanied it. I had to wade through the drivel, judge it against the Department of Justice's website, and reply to my lawyer, noting that none of the calculations actually conformed to the law. I thought he was supposed to do that for me?! Throughout this horrid process, I have had to be my own advocate and it has been exhausting. I repeat, this family law process is inherently unfair to those who are forced to deal with ligitigation as a result of a hostile and irrational ex-spouse.

On a happier note, A is celebrating her graduation from her French integration program today. She will undoubtedly benefit from having had this exposure, so it was worth all the back and forth.

This weekend is her first 48 + hour weekend away from me. I'm not looking forward to it, but E has promised to distract me. It is a long letting go. Maybe that's why people get pets, because they don't grow up and move away, they are always there to love and hold, so long as your lover isn't allergic . . . which mine is. So.

My lawn is still yellowing. The good new on this front is that I called Lee Valley Tools and they said I can bring in my broken mower and they'll order me a new part or replace it or something.
I guess old SG did good to get it there. I certainly appreciated it while it lasted and maybe with the help of a gas weed wacker I can get through the rest of the summer.

The winter . . . I can't even bear to think about shovelling. Snow removal will have to be budgeted for, that's the only way I'll survive.

1 comment:

Capital Mom said...

I hope this weekend goes okay. For both of you.

I am not too surprised. Talking to a friend at park her ex got supervised visitation and she had been told no way in hell would that happen.

I sorry.