Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Slide!!

Yesterday I stopped in at the local ToysRus after buying A some sunscreen and decided to see if they had the elusive large slide I've been looking for. After a 15 minute wait . . . success!! There was 1 large slide left from their latest shipment and they were going to set it aside for me. I followed the instructions to go through numbered parking lots and down a steep ramp, turn left and look for the red door and then, as time ticked away towards pick-up, I was able to claim the prize slide I've been promising A ever since we moved, and right in time for Summer!

The problem was putting it together. It was worse than IKEA furniture production, especially with A swarming me and jumping on every slide part as I attempted to assemble it. Several sweaty minutes later (maybe 30) it was done. She slid down it twice forward, once backward, then crawled into the box to enjoy the shade. Typical.

I hope the slide gets used. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It is a perfect match for the plastic kitchen I picked up off the side of the road last week, so I kind of feel like I got a 2 for 1 deal. At least she has things to play with in our yard, which will keep her in it while I can catch up on emails and watch her out my bedroom window.

No comments: