Tuesday, June 22, 2010

OK

I usually talk to E several times a day by phone. We both mostly work from home, so we take breaks and check in and it is almost like having a water fountain. He's not around this week and I'm waiting to hear from my lawyer and it isn't easy to plow through work without interruption. This is a crucial negotiation time and I'm not getting any information and now I have no one to complain to about it, so . . . I'm ranting here. I want this thing settled. I want to go on. I want to have something other than conflict consume my energy and time. I want A to be fine, even as she says, "I don't want to spend more time with my Daddy." Now, I've resorted to saying, "You'll always be welcome to spend time with Mommy. Mommy will always love you and want you with her." What else can I say? I can't prevent the inevitable. All I can do is try to make this arrangement work and hope for the best. But nothing is arranged yet. It has to be soon . . . and I'm waiting . . . the phone isn't ringing and my emailed questions go unanswered.

No comments: