Thursday, September 30, 2010

Losing it . . .

I've lost so many things lately . . .

Most importantly, I lost the contents of my safety deposit box. Most recently, I misplaced some diagnostic essays my students wrote; thankfully, I just found those. E told me yesterday, "Well, you always seem to find things," which is true, but that doesn't mean it it easy to stomach the fact that I lose sight of things, even if only temporarily.

Of course it means I'm distracted. I have many balls in the air, two jobs, three classes, four TA's, a now four-year-old in a speciality school (how many meetings can you have in a month?), and a 5-star relationship (there are five of us to consider most of the time, me and A and E and his two kids).

How can I get everything done? It looks like I may need more help than I have right now. Specifically, I need some help with childcare when A is with me from Thursday night through Tuesday mornings. I need to get some work done during that time and when I'm alone with A, work of any kind is impossible.

That's why I loose track of just about everything.

No comments: