Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back

It was a long, cold drive in . . . and I'm at the point, still, even after holidays, of not really being able to handle this commute. It takes hours a day to do it and really, considering I could stay in my house, it seems unnecessary. The problem is my tenant, renting a room, who makes acid comments if I show up, which is why I'm glad he's leaving, hopefully at the end of this month. That would make my life easier in many ways, although not financially. There doesn't seem to be any easy way to do anything these days.

That's winter, I guess. That's remarriage with kids. That's mid-life. There are all kinds of explanations, but it doesn't make it feel better.

It's all in how you react though, so . . . back to yoga for me . . . but not today. I'm not up for it today. I am content today to sit listening to acoustic music in a cafe, until I have to pry myself out of here and face recess in the cold and ice. Not nice.

Did I mention our mice? Our new pets are hiding out in their house, currently in our hamster cage, eating and sleeping like the babies they are. So far they are more active than our beloved hamster Snow, but still not comfortable with us. Taming takes time - both for animals and the spirit.

I must try to tame my rebellious side . . . and figure out how to abide all of this . . .


No comments: