Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Slow

After starting anti-biotics on Friday, I seem to be coming around, but slowly. Without the capacity to smell, the International Buffet was a bit of a disappoitnment. Besides, E and I have vowed to eat better, smaller meals, and going there wasn't really going to help facilitate that. We watched Going the Distance at home later, which I found rather crude and a turn-off, but maybe that just means I'm getting old.

My lawyer still hasn't returned my request for a call. I want to work something out, but it may be that nothing can be worked out if the only option is to agreed to be restricted in unreasonable ways. Looking back, I'd have to say that my relationship with my ex was co-dependent and it still has aspects of that to it. He is really tryint to control my life by dictating how and where I live and what I do with my daughter. I cannot understand how someone who is supposedly happy with his new partner and child can keep harassing me.

Anyway, thank God I don't have to live with him on a daily basis. The problem is that A will carry the conflict in her cells and that it will eventually surface and cause some variation of hell for her, if it isn't already doing that.

After the death of my dryer, perhaps from unwittingly overloading it with bedsheets, I had to do out and buy a new set. I was already to purchase one at Sears when I found what I thought was a better deal on a higher rated consumer reports pair at The Brick. I spend my precious Sunday afternoon alone to go to check it out. The set I wanted, Whirlpool Duet, according to the salesguy wasn't nearly as good a deal as the Front Loading LG set on sale . . . so, I was seduced by the talk, and bought the more expense (and blue) washer and dryer. The problem will be how to install it, since my current dead dryer is wired directly into my electrical panel. I have an electrician coming today. That may involve more expense than for the laundry set . . . and I was going to try to renovate my bathroom this spring.

Oh, household expenses! The reason I'm not entirely balking is because my daughter's schoolmate's parents just had their little house reappraised after a lot of small improvements to the property and it went up from their purchase price of $247,000 to $335,000. Quite the jump in value. If I can slowly work through some changes here, rent the place if I choose to live with E, keep paying the mortgage, maybe this house will appreciate too. I certainly appreciate it, but I'm sure it takes a special kind of buyer to live as small as we do.

No comments: