Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fever

I've been out for almost a week with a fever. So has A. Now she has a secondary ear infection and I have a secondary sinus infection and we're still miserably uncomfortable. Or I am. My nose is raw on the outside, edged in crust, and still gooey with immovable gunk inside. A seems relatively well. She certainly enjoyed having lots of one on one time at home this week, whereas I didn't think I'd survive it, as I tried to keep up to my classes, deal with my broken down clothes dryer, shovel my 40 foot long driveway, and entertain her while battling a raging fever and feeling like I'd been imbibing lead.

Anyway, the worst is over (I'm knocking on wood). I have the International Buffet to look forward to tonight, a movie with E, then 120 papers and my special research project tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm still waking up at 4 am and pacing with frustration over my ex's counter offer, which clearly illustrates his self-centeredness, as he is demanding that all of her schooling and extra-curricular activities take place within a 10 K radius of his house. It isn't about her with him, it is all about him.

No comments: