Saturday, August 14, 2010

Again

This morning was a painful repeat of Tremblant weekend, with X not showing up and A and I waiting outside the ghostly community centre until we gave up went home. He didn't answer his cell (it seemed to be turned off) and his girlfriend answered his phone.

I said, "Hi, it's me. X wasn't at the drop-off this morning and I'm wondering if there's a problem."

"He was there, but it was closed so he went to the cafe."

"Okay. I'll drop her off there. Can you let him know I'm coming?"

"He knows."

Whatever. How did he know?

After this little incident, I broke down and bought a cell phone. I can't afford to be running all over trying to track down A's father. As I was driving away from the cafe, I heard him telling A,
"You were really late," as though it were her fault.

I can't stand how he manipulates her, me, and the system.

I recently wrote that this is an abusive system, what I should have written is that the system is vulnerable to incredible abuse from these types of characters, who seem intent on proving their adequacy by attacking the mother of their child. Meanwhile, their child is forced to deal with a difficult division of loyalties. How fair is that?

No comments: