Saturday, October 9, 2010

sunshine and spiders

Most people are off to somewhere special this weekend. I've been rooting through my garden, trying to avoid the spiders, as I pull the last of my cherry tomatoes before the frost. I wasn't able to eat most of the tomatoes from my 4 plants, but I may plant even more next year, because it is thrilling to have them and maybe I can give more away. Actually, I may create a larger garden in the back yard and see just how much I can grow.

A is off to her father and I had to work this morning. I'll get her back on Monday and we'll have a Thanksgiving lunch with E and his kids and friends from Montreal.

This has been a hellish week of trying to deal with my still-difficult lawyer. There has been no response from him to me in about 2 weeks, and he claims my ex's lawyer hasn't gotten back to him in a month and that I have no choice but to go to court. I find all of this too upsetting. I feel the phrase legal bullying applies to exactly such behaviour and this was recently condemned by the Ontario Law Commission, as it should be.

The good news is that E got his car. He's thrilled. We've been accelerating a lot.

I was not so thrilled to go ring shopping. I can't decide whether to get a new solitaire or to remount his three gorgeous diamonds on a new setting with more diamonds. I'm leaning towards more diamonds.

No comments: