Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Week

I sent A off with her school Halloween costume - all cotton (okay, except for the wings, where does one find cotton wings?) - for her class party today. I also sent apricots. We were to send orange snacks such as carrots and cantaloupe, but no candy!

We'll make up for it later. The school next door is having a party too, with candy, which I'm sure the kids will appreciate. Then there's Larry O'Brien's last hurrah Halloween party tomorrow. Of course then the main event on Sunday, when we'll test the neighbourhood for its receptivity to kids.

It has been difficult to write lately. Last week a number of things came together that left me thoroughly shaken. Things calm down, of course, but it takes time to settle again.

I'll work up to saying more, but for now I'll just try to keep focused on immediate challenges. The case conference is in the offing. I'm trying to prepare documents now, which is another worry. I do not know how long this conflict will last and it is exasperating. All I can do, I think, is keep fighting for what I believe in.

No comments: