Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Year

My New Year's Resolution was to write here every day.

Here I am 3 weeks later just starting.

That's pretty much what this year has been like so far -- a series of delays and good intentions that don't quite seem to come to anything.

New Year's Eve was traumatic. New Year's Day was a reality check. The lead up to next week's court date was unbearable.

Now that court date's been delayed until March 11th and I have sent out a Settlement Offer I am once again waiting . . . and trying to determine what course my life may take as a result. There is no clear path and I am invariably compromised. I tend to see everyone else getting what they want while I give up what is most important to me, which is . . . a strong and cohesive family and a fulfilling career. As things stand, E and I won't live together for perhaps a decade and I'll have to keep working all the time at whatever pays my bills. To do anything else would put my daughter in a difficult position and I'm not willing to do that.

No comments: